Tuesday, November 14, 2006

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's


Seems like forever ago but I used to love plopping down at my desk, hair wet, saltwater drippin’ from my nose, trying to warm up with coffee, feet frozen, and continuing my surf stoke with a little San Francisco website named E’s Surf Report. His writing and stoke were incredible and inspiring. I loved to read how my up North neighbors fared from their morning paddle-outs. How the art scene was going up there. How the dot-com crew were invading Ocean Beach.

A term the niceness heads coined was something called ASL, “Authentic Surf Lifestyle”. It was used constantly to rip on the fake “soul surfers” and the “trucker hat surfers”. Anyway, I saw this graffiti tag this morning on my way into work and it was classic. Has the ASL gang moved South for the winter? I am afraid.


Didn’t paddle out today so no checky the buoys.

8 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I love E's surf report. He hasn't updated it since July though. I fear it's gone!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Wave Farmer said...

I talked with E via e-mail a little while back...

Too many threats and hassles and Niceness had gotten overrun by negativity...

His blog was unreal tho...it was inevitable that there would be at least one classic comment...and usually several...that might or might not be about surfing.

I hope he brings it back one day.

Doc

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I miss that site too. Gotta be some way around the negativity.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time in was in Cali (April 06) I was really put off by all of the localism I found out there… this is something you really don’t see much here in North Carolina

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger reverb said...

...I think at the moment, the worst localism is in the South of Brasil...real heavy one

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Slim said...

yep, still missing E's.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trucker hat surfers? I've worn a trucker hat since I was a little kid. So because some trendy goofs came along and picked it up for a second, then dropped it, am I a "trucker hat surfer"? Pigeonholing is lame.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger pushingtide said...

Nope. You aren't.

If you are one of the goofs. Then, you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home