Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sandolla Holla


Sad, sad, day when I have to use a parking lot to surf. Think it has been about a year since my last parking lot surf. But there isn't much swell and I have to resort to drastic measures. Get there super early. Oh what? The parking fuzz doesn't open the gate until 5:30? Damn. Enjoy some Bad Brains and chill. Realize how much I take for granted. All my spots are off the beaten path. For the most part. And surely don't have any parking lots in front of them.

Cruise down to the negative low tide peak. Kinda workin'. Kinda funky. New sights. New lights. New rocks. New fun. But mushy. Walk back and find 4 fully intact sanddollars. Love the low tide finds. At least something good came out of me being one of the masses for a day. Glad I am not part of them the other 364. Leave out of the lot and see the same ol' cool guy bro brah stares. Same ol' funboard three-to-a-car kooks. Same ol' old men coffee drinkers talkin' bout their sweet sesh the other day. Same ol' hottie girls in bikini bottoms washin' off. Summer in the south bay.

3.1 @ 8secs from 310
first out

9 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger twin said...

yeah....the fact that you get surf...before work...really sucks. I don't care if it is some overloaded brah-shaka-bikini-ol' bro spot.... sucks sucks sucks.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger G said...

One day a year at the parking lot?!!! I gotta put some more time in to find the secret goods.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger pushingtide said...

Well I usually give up a little quality for aloneness but to me it is worth it.

G....nice new stick!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

You know PT, despite your anti-social grumblings, I have to admire your spot on description the lot scenario.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

oh yeah - good score on sand dollars. I never see them down here, but saw them by the bucket load at OBSF.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Beach Bum said...

Why's there no topping on that pizza?

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I've seen you south of rosecrans a hundred times this year and it's only July. I think it's cool that you choose to park on the street, but you lay the mysto secret spot crap on a little thick.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger pushingtide said...

Damn you are onto me anon. But in reality I have not hit any spot south of Rosecrans, other than some sundown hermosa small sessions, in a long time. Keep sayin' hi to whoever you think you see. Hope you are findin' a good peak!

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Same ol' hottie girls in bikini bottoms washin' off."

That never gets old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home