Thursday, March 29, 2007

Local


Surf was mushy fun this morn. At least it was cleaned up and cold. And small. And weak. But fun. Funny how it works.

Found this site with these words on a local photographer. Cool picture, stylin'!

"My mother and stepfather raised me. Mom was a housekeeper; money was short most of the time. Sometimes, I had to skip school in order to help her out. My mom had a heart attack when I was thirteen, when I was sixteen she had a stroke then two more heart attacks. School and taking care of my mom was what I would do, I did not have time to dedicate to my photography.

Life brought me to Venice Beach, California. Life took my mom in 2003. I am glad she is gone because she no longer has to worry and no longer has to suffer. I am so sad she is gone because I don't see her daily in the person because her spirit has passed through this life.

For the past three years I have been shooting surf photography. Surfing is the most beautiful sport and is the only sport where I see that they cheer and help one another, that's how beautiful surfing is and it makes me want to share it. Enjoy!"
- Aliza
www.alizafotography.com


3.3 @ 10 secs from 315

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The domain name you posted no worky, a quick google search turned up a different spelling:

http://www.alizafotography.com

Nice photos.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger unidentified said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Bill said...

That ending quote is perfect...thanks

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Dogtownsurfer said...

She is also a surf reporter for swellmagnet.com, does the Venice Beach report Thu and Fri.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home