Monday, March 26, 2007

Snapper

Wondered whether to throw the mucus colored fish up here. Just want to go under the radar. Not call any attention to me. Up close you see the bumpy attempt at my first EPS resinatin'. Cured wierd. It's ugly. You can't tell by the pic, but believe me. The bottom has a ugly blue resin tint swirl try where I forgot to cut off the laps before they dried. No structural damage, just a feathered look. Days of sanding later it was semi-smooth. WHO CARES.. it is a blast to surf! Your own creation. Your own arms and brain made it. Glassed it thick and tough to make it through, hopefully, to this winter.

Last homemade board made it roughly 150 sessions for over 11 months. Thick beachbreak to rocky low tide points it survived. Hope this snapper makes it as long as my first.















Homemade Fish
Fat nose down to a skinnier tail.
Very old early fish style.
Wide point forward, too much?
5'11 X 21 1/2 X 2 3/8

Big super respect to the original fish shapers. You all were on to something good...

2.4 @ 9 secs from 300 and shitty today

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Patch said...

Push, good for you, I'm certain your 'home grown' will give you lots of pleasure.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I *REALLY* Dig that board. And I actually LOVE the color. And I just noticed it's set up goofy-footed, correct? It is mine.

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger ras said...

Push- wha gwaan man. It looks good -outline, foil, etc. And it's EPS which is supposed to be a bitch to shape. Nice.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

proud...be proud, and carry a 5'11 stick

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Mick said...

I'm jealous, on so many levels. Many happy rides of the day.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

been hoping you would post a pic - looks great, agree the color is nice.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger pushingtide said...

Ras, EPS actually wasn't much tougher than poly to shape. The spacklin' crap was annoying and weird but part of the process I guess. I am just glad I didn't do a major fuckup and ruin the board during the final glassing process. Fishin'!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home