Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Buuuuummmmmmed



Late last night. Puttin' the stick in the car. Notice two dents on my fishy's points. What the fuck. Thru the glass. From rocks? From what? No clue. So bummed. Fresh new homemade now and old dented man. Out of commission for a couple of weeks.

Threw the waterlogged single in my car and tried to get some sleep. Sad. Woke up at 4:30 just not feeling it. Knew it wouldn't ride like my fun fish has the past couple of weeks. Still probably was fun this morning but I just couldn't do it.

Man it really affects you when you can't surf and you know there are waves. Just a huge pain in your gut. Guys gettin' super long rides right now. Girls gettin' toes on the nose right now. Me sittin' confused what to do with this once promising week of swell. Damn.

2.5 @ 20secs! from 185

8 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger G said...

My fishy's floundering too. Need to repair a couple dings, but not so stoked to be going back to the ol' thruster.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's sucking, but no need to keep you out of the water. Put a couple strips of electrical tape on it. It'll keep it dry and get you in the water.

Just check it before you paddle out and maybe a couple times during the session. That's a tricky spot, but I've had electrical tape on open rail dings for months then when I finally got around to fixing them and pulled the tape off, the foam has been bone dry and ready to fix.

Or you can slap some 2-part epoxy on there and dig it out later. I'd still cover it with electrical tape though, just to be sure and keep any water out.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suck it up. Get more boards in your quiver that stoke you and don't let a day on this planet be wasted.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger twin said...

Damn.... dings suck. Especially on a board you're fond of.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger pushingtide said...

Damn. You're right. I need to suck it up. Just my whole heart was in my homemade stick. 6 months of fine tuning, fucking around with, messin' up, measurin', glassin', etc.

You ever made something on your own anon?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger reverb said...

...hey man,
wadda hell?
if the ding dont have water inside
find UV resin
and do the repair in minutes..
resin + aerosil + pigment + sand
then fiber + resin + sand
then resin + sand/polish
you know

in all the custom board I put 5 more layers in the very tail

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger unidentified said...

I sure hope you get some this am.
It's lookin' super fun and consistant at the local 'LA landmark point zoo'!
It looks like lots of wide ones for the guys who have the patience.
(i try to be when there)

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,

I have made a ton of stuff by hand. I just wanted to make sure you get in the water! So you update the site. Make more boards too!

sincerely,

a gentle slap in the face

 

Post a Comment

<< Home