Thursday, June 07, 2007

Miss the Miss


The last couple I have been back with an ol’ flame. The ol’ lady. Miss Pullingtide. My go-to late winter/entire spring sandbar that has been incredible. She is still so giving and lovely. Yesterday I turned up at her waters edge a little sick and grumpy. She in turn was dirty and unorganized too. We fell in love all over again. Dirty lumps and peaks and rides. Angry aggression. Learnin’ and rememberin’ each other. We went at it over and over. Insatiable she was. Consistently throwin’ me in new positons with me stylin’ my way out of. and into, them. Kick out. Stoked and smilin’.

This morning she, and I, cleaned ourselves up. She still was workin’ hard still. Couldn’t get enough of each other. Still chest to head high. All alone both days while I could see groups clustered down the coastline. Sunny, offshore, lumpy, peaky, perky, consistent, love taps. 6 second energy can still get me excited. I hope she never goes away. And turns up the same next winter. Don’t change Miss Tide.

5.2 @ 6secs from 276
Just me and some dolphins

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger twin said...

Seasonal lovers are the best...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Love this post.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. From where I am sitting Portland anything looks fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home