Friday, July 25, 2008

LA


Buoys up a bit. Hit the coffee and split. Warzone out there. Drivin' all sleepy-eyed and barely dodge a huge pipe in the 3rd lane, then saw a homeless woman walkin' and talkin' in middle of the slow lane that really had me wide-eyed, and finally a stalled car that came up FAST when you goin' 85 to beat the dawn light. Man, it was like some Spy Hunter shit out there drivin' to the beach this morning.

So on came some Redman that chilled me out...

You wanna see me get cool, please, save it for the breeze
cause the lyrics and tracks, make me funky like cottage cheese
Fuck the smoov shit, I get down wit the boom bip
like Q-Tip, I kick more styles than Bruce shoe's kick
But tonight's the night what I write tonight
This type of funk with the flavor like Mike'n'Ike's

Got to the peace zone. Only one out again. Foggy again. Oil glass again. More inconsistent but the sets were plentiful. Good shaped rides. Said what up to my buddy the sea otter. You know it will be a good day when you get 4 rides to the beach before the sun even came up. Every wave after that was just stokin' on the cake.

Another war and peace day in LA.

2.4 @14secs from 180

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diggin' on the free form floetry. i does likes it.

hey man, for nice reminiscence action, do a search for DJ D-Nice's The Wackness official mixtape. super nice cuts from early 90s and well blended. listened to it on the road today. super nice.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger pushingtide said...

DAMMMMN!!!!

Even OC's "Time's Up" is in that mix.!!

Thanks man, made my weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home