Thursday, March 05, 2009

Aura


This morning was refreshing. Smaller. But more shapely.

Love to listen to KZSC Santa Cruz every Tues. and Thurs. from 10-noon for some irie roots tunes.

The riddims and ambience make me feel like I have been transported back to that amazing area. Just got out of a kelpy fun reef session and pick up a breakfast burrito on the way back to a buddy's homebuilt trippy little cabin in the SC woods. Burn a couple down on the porch with the KZSC reggae show blastin'. Tweakin' boards. Repairin' dings. Talkin' smack. Chillin'. Getting' pumped up for the afternoon glassy surf. Ahhh, the life.

3.1 @ 14secs from 310

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Esteban Pumpernickel said...

I want to live there.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Nigel S. Peppercock said...

Thank you. I had the pleasure of riding it this morning, and it was a blast. Going into it I had no idea what to expect, because there's just so many dynamics that affect these boards, like the wide tail, the hull, the s-deck, and in this boards particular case, the vee. It was like riding a fish, and a hull, and being on a PCP high at the same time - You're looking at an addict. It performed unbelievably well in slabby, faster, hollower stuff.. This board just wants to move. I only went frontside on it a few times, and it was unreal. Most of my experience was backside, and it was still fun, unlike my hulls which I (do my best) to surf switch. Overall, it's definitely going to be one of the more-ridden boards in my quiver.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Nigel!

-push

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Thanks for the tip on streaming KZSC on Tues/Thurs. Jay and I will love that. Sounds some really special times you had in SC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home